Getting Record Information from Spaces

Pat Newell

Hi guys!

I've bee trying to make more use of the Spaces tool in Vectorworks. I can set up my spaces and link SOME of the Record Information (such as the space name and room dimensions) into a worksheet. However, I've been having trouble linking certain information, mainly the Ceiling Height of the space. The ceiling height is 2.4m on the Obj Info palette, but when I use the command "=(Space.'Ceiling Height')" it returns a value of 0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm getting frustrated with it now after two days of trying!!

Pat

Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Pat,

Assuming you're using 2011, check out this screen shot...if you run a report and ask for "Spaces", one of the fields is "Ceiling Height" - the formula for that particular field is as shown in the screen shot.

Hope this helps

Wes

Pat

I'm seeing the same problem.

For some reason 'Space'.'Volume' and 'Space'.'Gross Volume' are returning very, very small values. I was hoping to divide the volume by the area to get the ceiling height.

As Wes points out, 'Space'.'Extrusion Height' will return the ceiling height. It returns the value in the Ceiling Height field in the OIP.

There is also a field called 'Space'.'11_Extrusion Height', which unlike many of the other 11_ fields actually returns a real number value.

I'm not sure I see the advantage of the 11_ fields over formatting the worksheet cell. Are these new in 2011?

mk