DWG import problems

monster

I get inconsistent results when importing DWGs. Sometimes they come in OK, sometimes certain elements drop out, sometimes I get blank screens with empty viewports. I haven't been able to figure out a pattern and I don't know what versions the clients are using (presumably of AutoCAD). I've got a copy of AutoCAD LT for Windows which usually can open these. I've tried to save out of LT in various versions...in vain.

Thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

No. We work with VW in the office. I work with AutoCAD for PJ's at home. I have looked strong and hard and conversions both ways with native files created from both.

Even on same drawings converted two or more times, they can appear differently in the received program.

While I can get a more constant look from Acad to VW I cant the other way around.

HOWEVER, when bringing in Acad to VW, no matter what is measured and how it can too often be slightly off.

Just recently we are struggling to get Mstation into VW and they are also suffering greatly visa versa.

Good luck!