Smart Titleblock Text Fields

Just wondering if anyone might have a solution for this. I'm currently rebuilding out design template at work and wanting to have a series of text fields that will shift according to a previous item.

In the example attached I have a Project Name, Author and Date fields arranged the way I would prefer them to look for the time being with "-" between them as static text fields. All is well if this was the only text here but if I alter the Project Name to something longer it will, as expected, run over the other fields.

I was wondering if anyone has solved this problem, possibly with constraints? It would be a nice fix for me.

Cheers,

James

Can't be done with the title blocks. I do think this is a good wish list item.

You can do it with an extra script. Add an extra field to the record you are using. Like this field to the concatenated text. (Use one text object). Let the script get the texts of the things you need and put it into the extra field.

If you need help with such a script, ask me. I made a similar command that fills in the date etc.. in all title blocks. And at work I made one for syncing all revisions.

Dworks,

Thanks for the tip, I'm playing around with alignment and movement scripts at the moment. Unfortunately it won't help here as we are working with the VAA titleblocks, meaning the alterations would have to occur in the template file, which would alter it for other things and that just causes problems everywhere!

It would just be nice if you could link spacing of text fields to each other. If the the field expanded or wrapped the items above or below would shift accordingly.

Grrrr.

Thanks,

J