Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

ArcTo Radius Distance

Sean Aeronaut

Hello,

I have a VectorScript file exported from VW 2010 containing a Polyline with ArcTo's in it. Some of the ArcTos specify zero for the radius and this is clearly documented, while others specify a radius distance which make sense. All except for this one:

BeginPoly;

LineTo(533.084240000000023,467.999977999999885);

ArcTo(527.099987000000056,467.999977999999885,10);

LineTo(527.084240000000023,462.015785999999991);

Either I'm missing some terribly important here or this just simply doesn't add up. Its not possible for this arc segment to have a radius of 10. Infact when I open the file in VW 2010 the arc has a radius of 6 (which is what I would have expected).

Any ideas what is going on here?

Cheers

Sean

Sean,

???Yes, you can have a larger radius at a vertex than one that would fit. VW will draw the smaller one in such a case. You can set a value with VS, or manually apply a larger value with the 2D Reshape tool (2nd mode button in the first group, and 4th mode button in the second group). One way to get there without realizing it is to have a larger Polyline and shrink it. VW does not adjust the radii after the shrink, it just draws the smaller of the programmed value, or the largest value that will fit.

???Where you'll run into problems is when you use VS to query the radius value and it tells you 10, because that's what's programmed, but really it's 6, because that's the largest radius that will fit. There's a lot of math needed to ferret out the 6 value if you intend to KNOW what the actual value is in a program. If you just want to see the value, the OIP will display the correct radius if you step through the vertices and look at the radius.

NSITH*,

Raymond

* Not sure if this helps