using images in VW

fws

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'appear as though it's in a photograph', unless you mean that the imported picture is masking all your lines and such. We use pictures on a regular basis, and they sit in the stacking order just as all other objects. If you've tried to 'Send To Back' the image, ensure it isn't on a different layer that is above the layer(s) of your other objects.

Originally posted by TiTaNiuM sAMuRai:

Thanks for the reply. To be more specific, I would like to work on a 3d vw drawing with a photograph as a back drop and then sync the vw lighting with the photo. I know I could draw something 3d and then flatten it, but I'd prefer to keep it actively 3d. In 2d there is no problem--layers stack fine and "go to back works" also. I know I could import my finished vw drawing in photoshop and then touch it up that way, but it seems like a more awkward solution. thanks

"I know I could import my finished vw drawing in photoshop and then touch it up that way, but it seems like a more awkward solution. thanks "

Accually this is the simplest solution. I've spent lots of time trying do what your doing. Ultimately it was easier for me to export my rendering as an image file and then finish it off in photoshop. In the end the rendering are more convincing and you'll save some frustration.

Also I find RW tends to render color a little too bland for me. A quick tweek of the brightness and contrast in photoshop can make all the difference.

Good Luck

Well, after wrestling with this issue for a day or two, importing the image as a texture onto a plane and trying to line up the 3d object in front--phew! What a mess! Photoshop here I come!

Thanks

PS. by the way, sometimes the other layers are still hiding even with all visibilities on--I can see the "handles" but nothing else. Why is this?