Losing the ability to edit a 3D object after chamfering?

Hello All,

If I make a rectangle and subtract a hole from it, I can use the "EDIT GROUP" command to change the radius of the hole or its position. This is a great option.

But after I fillet or chamfer and edge, the "EDIT GROUP" command is greyed out. So does this mean I can never modify a 3D object once I fillet or chamfer?

Thanks,

Ron

VW 10.5.1, Mac OSX 10.3.5

Ron,

The way to handle this is to save your fillets and chamfers for last. If you use a chamfer or fillet and want to subsequently edit your model, then you have to 'ungroup' the part to remove the fillet and be able to edit the part. If you have multiple fillet operations, you'll have to ungroup multiple times. The sad part is that there is no history of the fillet after you 'ungroup'. The ungroup essentially removes the fillet. You then have to reapply the fillet as normal after that....so to avoid the issue you're dealing with, I apply the fillets and chamfers last and also save a backup copy of my model without any fillets and chamfers.

I

[ 09-29-2004, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: tom kyler ]