Split Joined Walls

I joined several walls that I forgot were different heights and do not want a typical mitered corner presentation. Of course I can delete the walls and recreate them and not join them but was just looking for easier options.

I see there is a split tool which I have never used. Because this is an object I created by joining, a split command or something that reverses the join command I used would be handy, if it exists. Maybe the split tool would be facile at this given the snap to function, maybe it would readily draw a line at the miter of these walls and they would just become regular flat end sections?

I've tried the tool and I can't get it to do anything, so it isn't very intuitive (or maybe I'm not too intuitively minded).

Don't seem to find anything searching the forum or the manual so appreciate any ideas.

Brian

You can use the Split tool to separate the walls. You will need to use the Heal Wall Breaks tool afterward to remove the miter on the end of the wall.

You could also just use the 2D selection tool and drag one of the walls back to remove the join and then turn off the Auto Join mode and drag it back.

Or you could turn off the auto join mode and change the length of one of the walls in the Object Info Palette and then use the Heal Wall Break to square up the ends.

Lot's of different ways.

got it. thanks. i guess, logically, i imagined that if you can join something with a command to create the miter in the first place there would be a command to undo it rather than a tool.

interestingly, the rollover explanation for that tool is "remove wall breaks" - no mention of heal. This is borne out in the manual which also has no listing for a wall heal tool and instead calls it remove wall breaks. But, when you select the tool the name "wall heal" appears in the header area where the selected tool and it's various subiterations are displayed.