Vectorworks vs AutoCAD

I'm a proficient user of AutoCAD on a basic level (2D only - no rendering) using it for technical/construction type drawings for buildings. Have used it for 15 years currently on ME. I transferred to Microstation very easily whilst working for a practice. I've been offered work for a practice who uses only Vectorworks. Q is How similar is VW to AutoCAD? Are the systems similar, do people transfer easily?

many thanks

Sorry Andy, try in English your Swedish isn't good enough for me to judge if you're kidding around or are serious, I'll respond assuming the former........, over the past 10 years I've worked with AutoCAD, Bentley Architecture, ArchiCAD and Vectorworks............what I meant with the previous comment was that AC and VW couldn't be more different as opposed to Bentley and VW being quite similar in setup, except for the learning curve being much steeper for Bentley. If you want to get into the nitty gritty this thread could take a couple of weeks to conclude. If you had no problems moving to Bentley you'll have no problems moving to VW.

.............if you were not kidding......get off your lazy ass, download the free Demo version of VW and try it!

Edited by Vincent C