Installing on laptop?

Thanks for the cryptic answer Ray. As my name indicates I am a newbie and have just purchased 2010 with Renderworks, so that is the version I am attempting to install. Is it permissble to have two installations (one desktop and one laptop) with one license?

If it's a regular VW2010 with Renderworks (not educational; don't know about that) you should be able to install the program on two computers. However you will only be able to operate them one at a time, and not both simultaneously.

You didn't indicate the nature of the problem you were having installing the software on the second computer. That computer needs to be connected to the internet, I believe, in order to authorize the full install.

Dan J.

Thanks Ray and Danielj1 for your help. When I first wrote - I was trying to install the 2010 trial on my laptop, but since then I have recieved my purchased installation disks and now I am encountering a new problem. The autorun file will not open and run. I have tried just clicking on the install.exe file also and I cannot get the installation to start up on either my desktop or my laptop? I just found on the internet a 'MS Autorun Fix It' utility that I intend to download and try, but I also just thought I should try another software installation disk just to see if it is VW install disks alone - causing the problem/.