Page moved 000' of KM from origin in 2010

IanH

I was doing some training with a new 2010 user last week and found what appeared to be two bugs, possibly related.

Unfortunately I do not have 2010 to reproduce and send in a bug submit. The user was suing 2010SP1 with an Ati chipset on a Windows XP laptop.

Firstly.

We created a new file and a referenced viewport to another file. As we had not saved the new file yet, we had to set the reference location as absolute path.

I then went back to show him how to update the reference back to a relative location. On doing this, the viewport immediately disappeared.

Secondly

Towards the end of the session we went to export the design layer to PDF but I could initially locate the page. It was eventually found 4000000000mm (4000Km) and similar in Y axis off 0,0 of drawing. Obviously this is so far of 0,0 that it was not a simple matter of the user moving it slightly off screen. It would have taken about 5 minutes with the move page tool to move it this far off 0,0.

I would be happy to submit this as a bug, but as I don't have 2010, my helpfulness in doing this is very limited.

Actually thinking about the page shift. The referenced file was a survey file which if I remember, the survey was not near 0,0.

When the viewport was opened, we did need to set the origin of the referencing file/move the viewport to bring the survey data back around 0,0. I can't remember the survey read world coordinates, but it was 5 something, so even if this was the cause of the page shift, it does not account for an additional shift of around 1000km.