9.0.1 Incompatible with ATI video card

S&J3D

While trying to use my newly installed Vertorworks 9.0.1, and having it crash whenever I tried to change the layer scale, I found out there is an incompatability with my video card, an ATI Rage Fury 128. Right now, Nemetschek does not have a fix available. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, have you found a fix?

Thanks,

Joe

I had this problem (win98 600mhz 256mb ram) and was told by NNA that it was a mouse driver incompatability issue. I fixed it myself by turning down the hardware acceleration until it stopped crashing (my computer-properties-performance-graphics). I can only hope that this problem is resolved in 9.5 which is allegedly due soon. Good luck

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by jnr:

I fixed it myself by turning down the hardware acceleration until it stopped crashing (my computer-properties-performance-graphics).

If that fixes a problem, then the fundamental problem is with the graphics card driver. Check their website for updated drivers, that's much more likely to fix the problem than anything NNA does.

------------------

Andrew Bell

andrewb@nemetschek.net

I am not an official spokesperson for NNA

It worked! I lowered the graphics acceleration by two settings and I am now able to reset layer scales without crashes. Thanks, jnr.

I had first tried downloading and installing new video card drivers but something didn't work right and my PC would only boot in safe mode. So I went back to the older drivers.

I don't know what features I've lost by resetting the graphics acceleration, but for now I can at least get some design work done.

Joe