VW 9.0.1 Problems

First off I need to say that overall I think VW 9 is a great program. Here are some problems I've encountered with the Mac version:

Keyboard Zooming - Using the spacebar+command key to zoom in, or the spacebar+command key+option key to zoom out, if you click too quickly, you lose the zoom tools.

Snap to Object Grabbing the Center Handle - With the eight handles preference on, trying to resize and snap an extrusion's edge to another object grabbing the center handle does not work. I see others have commented on this too. It's difficult to work around this so I hope it gets fixed soon.

Extrude Along Path - A great idea that's nearly useless. Try making a a length of link chain. Make the link from a circle for the shape and a rounded corner rectangle as the path. Duplicate the link 100 times and note the saved file size is over 200 megs! Try and render the drawing hidden line and it will not render.

Bruce,

What you need to do is create two links and then turn them into a symbol. You can then duplicate the symbol as an array without causing your file size to balloon. I did a 100 link chain this way and the file went from 143k to 186k when I did the duplication.

The line based renderers are not idea for this kind of work, they do not handle large numbers of curves perticularly well. You may gett a better rendering if you turn your 3d conversion resolution down. This will be much simpler for it to Render. Alternativly you could also try to use the OpenGL and/or RenderWorks modes.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support