v2009 & instruments positions

I have two positions on a plot I'm drafting right now that have decided on what position they want to associate with. Every time I enter a new position in the lighting info palette, it reverts to what it was originally. The first time I inserted the symbol it was on the correct lighting position but has never taken to that position in it's info. Is there a fix to this or do I need to start from scratch on a fresh template?

Jack

VW 2009 Educational

Vista Home Premium x64, SP1

Intel Core 2 Duo @2.4 Ghz, 4gb RAM

Jack

Not clear if your positions themselves won't change names or if you are inserting instruments and the instruments won't associate with the position you want them to...

I'm guessing it's the latter. That's been a common thread around here.

Assuming you have two positions that are very close together - closer than the length of an instrument - or two positions that are stacked, like a ladder...

I'm positive that other people will have better solutions, but these are two solutions that have worked for me in the past.

1. Put the positions on different layers (or classes). Be careful about having them both visible at once. It will all work out in the SLVP.

OR

2. Move one of the positions far enough away to avoid the grabbiness and put it on it's own layer. DLVP it into its correct location.

Like I said, neither work around is ideal, but they aren't horrible. And I'm confident someone will have a better idea.

hth

michaelk

Edited by michaelk