lost window resize

VW will only open in the lower task bar and then only as maximise or minimise, taking up the full screen or no screen....most annoying, especially when running several applications on my pc. It aslo happens with other applications such as word and internet explorer. So this may not be an exclusive vw issue but thought I would cast it out there in the hope that you experts may know the answers as its driving me nuts!

Am I correct in assuming that:

if you hit the resize button while vectoworks is in full screen the application window appears to minimize?

Then maybe the application window is not actually minimizing.

Instead the application window is shrinking down to a very small size and locating itself behind something that's always on top such as the task bar, windows task manager or something like that.

If you only have the options of minimize and maximize then the window is in resize mode...even if it takes up the full screen.

Double clicking on the title bar will maximize it.

You should then see the resize icon and the minimize icon (and of course the close icon).

Is this what you get?

No, tried that and it does not work.

It does appear to be in resize mode when maximised as the window icon in the top r/h corner is 2 squares overlapping rather than one square, but double clicking on the title bar minimizes it down to just the task bar. Funny it leaves 2 palletees object info and attributes left on the screen.

No restore mode is highlighted in the task bar when vw is minimized.

This is really a pain!