VW 2010 opening VW2008 files with Arc Dimension Leaders

I just upgraded to VW 2010 from VW 2008.

I'm having problems with my existing dimensions.

I use arc dimension leaders with no shoulder.

I've placed the leaders graphically and intuitively for years on hundreds of projects.

When I open a VW 2008 file with existing Arc Dimension Leaders I get one error message box for each arc dimension leader in the file.

The error message box reads:

"The leader in leader radius is too small. It will be set to the minimum possible value."

After I click [ok] or hit return for each message box, my file opens, but all of my leaders are reformatted, and not in a good way.

Anyone else having this issue?

Martin

I submitted a bug report, and was pleasantly surprised to get an immediate and direct e-mail response from NNA and a request for files illustrating the issue. I sent in the files via e-mail as requested.

So far I'm pleased. Of course, I'll be even more pleased if the issue is solved in a timely manner.

Martin

Via e-mail, I received confirmation that the problem was easily duplicated with the files I sent. No solution or work around is available at this time. I'm happy with the service, but unhappy with the outcome.

I'll have to keep VW 2009 installed to work on my old projects, and only use VW 2010 for my new projects.

I'll keep experimenting to find a work around.

Edited by cool_arrow
  • 1 month later...