Does anyone know which fonts Vectorworks requires?

I was trying to prune my installed fonts a couple of days ago (so the pop-up wouldn't cover the entire screen when I went to select fonts in Vectorworks).

Anyway after deleting a host of redundant fonts, vectorworks was crashing with a "resource not found" message - actually a whole stack of them - when I went to modify the tools portion of my workspace.

Reinstalling the fonts of course fixed the problem, but I really would like to prune the 400+ installed fonts down to something more managable.

Next time don't forget to trash the VW Preferences, too.

This will force VW to rebuild all the Lists.

The OS manages the Fonts .. VW just manages the Lists of the Fonts you are using.

If the Installed Font List is corrupted then VW will notice and crash for lack of any thing better to do ... ( like offer a dialog listing the missing Fonts ).

The VW preferences xml file only contains font mappings...at least that's the case on my computer (and everything is mapped to ariel).

After unistalling fonts, Text-->Fonts populated correctly and Vectorworks worked for several hours.

The only crash I experienced was when switching to the "tools" tab of the Workspace Editor. The font on the initial "menu" tab appears to be identical with that on the "tools" tab.

Is preferences-->font mapping for controling imported files or for managing dialogs?

I don't see an installed font list for Vectorworks on my machine. Where is this maintained?

Edited by brudgers