Two fold question a) straight wall join / cased open window overlap

First let me say, I am not an architect but a Spotlight VW2009 user.

I am drafting my home in 3D for general contractor purposes remodeling our kitchen.

Two questions...

a) We have vaulted ceilings meaning the tops of our walls are angled. The peak of our vaulted ceiling is in the middle of our main wall. I have created two straight walls using the wall tool and reshaped the tops of the walls to match the vaulted angle.

Question: How do I join those two walls to become one straight wall with a peak to match the vaulted ceiling angle? Or is this possible?

b) We are opening this wall exposing our kitchen to the living room. I used the window tool "cased open window" creating the exposed opening in the wall.

Question: Referencing my previous question, how do I get the case opening to span the two seperate straight walls if I cannot join the walls?

Insights are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Use a single wall and and add a vertex to that wall which you can reshape to the ceiling apex. Placing the door will then not be an issue.

Draw the wall and switch to a 3D view. if you then double click on the wall this will activate the 3D Reshape tool. Change the mode to add vertex and then add the vertex by pulling from either end vertex.

If you have Architect or Designer you can also use the Fit Wall to Roof command (information on this method can be found in the Vectorworks Help.

Edited by mike m oz