batch rendering combined with views

grant_PD

Question

In the old days (couple weeks ago) I used to go to my saved view, render and then screen grab (another good reason to have a BIG monitor).

Now I'm using the batch render option to get higher res files and some sleep. But I seem unable to edit the batch render like a view. Example:

I had a mobile seat arrangement, that I had classed into it's various configurations. By turning the classes on and off, and then saving the view, I could get the exact same rendering in terms of size but with the changes to the seating arrangement. Making each of these into a batch render job was a snap.

Then I had to add another mobile seat arrangement. It was no problem to edit the views, just go into the view editor and update the classing structure. But my batch render jobs are now useless because I can't update them.

Unless I'm missing something, it would seem that batch render jobs should have the ability to directly associate to a view. It should be part of the create batch render dialog. You could choose either to render what's on the screen, or associate it with a view. Associating it with a view would then allow the batch render job to be continuously updated by editing the view.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet