How to make wall components work with demolition class?

I've just started using components (gyp. bd., framing, stucco, etc.) in my wall styles and I'm having trouble getting them to work with the demolition class.

I've set up the base attributes to be By Class and set line weight and fill for individual components so that things look the way I want (heavy edges, light interior lines.) If I move the wall to the demolition class, the outer edges display with the demolition attributes but the components remain as they are in the "to remain" condition. I'd love to be able to override just line weight in the components and let everything else be by class but it doesn't appear that I can do so.

Am I missing something?

What do you all do?

See attached image.

I tried to get walls to be what I've wanted, and the demolition class is a big one. I think the classing implementation in VW is highly frustrating, and with walls (and especially viewports), one must occasionally set a class in as many as eight different locations so that it can show up properly in different parts of the drawing. Grr.

Anyway, I tried duplicating the walls and then simply changing the component classes to the demo class. That worked for one drawing, but not for all. Then I thought to do what islandmon suggested, by simply making a demolition wall set and saving that into my default template. I've now got 2x4 and 2x6 demo walls that have a dashed line and hatch fill, and ALSO use the A-DEMO class. Now, I just draw my existing conditions floor plans, copy the walls that will be demoed, paste those onto a demo design layer and re-style them to the appropriate wall style. This seems to work pretty well, but like a few other things in this app, requires a little work in the front end.

See the image below for an example.

Another way I've been trying is by simply setting the walls component attributes to use the container class attributes, that way I can set the walls to be that style, but then the appearance can change depending on what container class I set them to.

I have been dealing with the same problems. Switching walls to a demo class is the quickest way of doing things but it only works with a single component wall. With my work, I want the existing walls to be simple 2 line walls so the newer more detailed walls stand out. Simple wall styles set to by class for existing walls lets you change the walls to dashed for demo plans and remove them for new floor plans. That is how I have my drawings set up. I thought that with the components set to "by class" they would take on the class the wall is on but it is only the encapsulating wall class that is changed. There needs to be an option for all components to adopt the attributes of the class the entire wall is on like there is for symbols and groups.

Switching wall styles works but it takes a few more steps and if walls were drawn with different baselines they will move. You can achieve the appearance you want for all component classes by setting a view port class override. I make my walls with different classes for each component so you can control the appearance. You can set up the class attributes and save it as a view so you can activate that view in a new view port.

Another quick alternative with viewports is to just turn off the wall components on the demo viewport under advanced settings.

It would be nice if we had control of attributes by component or object type.