Can the auto backup save a full copy?

The viewports are unrendered in the backup files.

So, to use a backup file, I have to choose whether to re-render every viewport (several overnight sessions in the case of my current project), or manually cut and paste all the info that I've created between the last real save and the backup file creation.

One way I will miss a deadline by a few days, with no real time expended (just remembering to set them up to cook each night), the other way I need to spend (waste) an hour or so copying and pasting from the backup to the full file, hoping I don't forget anything.

I'd prefer a full backup option!

Yeah, thanks. Or I could remember to manually save maniacally.

It seems hardest to remember when crunch time is on, and the focus is on getting stuff done rather than file maintenance chores. And that's when the consequences are worst, naturally.

This wasn't a problem with VW2008. Consider my protest lodged.

Chad,

Don't just lodge a protest. File a bug. These are important to ensure the quality of the program for yourself and everyone else.

If you ever see a behavior in the program that was working in 2008 and isn't in 2009, please consider the possibility it is broken, unless documentation indicates otherwise.

Edited by Jeffrey W Ouellette