NO REPORT!

I've preparing to do my schedules for finish, door, windows, etc. and seem to be a little rusty regarding reports. I've begun to put Room Name Simple designations on the annotations layer, prepared a Record Format showing areas of finish, attached the format to each of the rooms names, filled in the field values, and requested a report for my finish schedule - the report is blank, no data appears in the field cells. I then drew a rectangle, attached the record, filled in the field data and requested a report - same thing, no data.

I also anticipate that I will not be able to place the door and window reports on the annotations layer but will have to work on the design layer but prepare the report on the sheet annotations layer - is this a problem? Theoretically shouldn't all noting, dimensions, reports and text be placed on the annotations layer?

Follow up - I now see that within the data base row of the report we have the choice to edit criteria to include objects in viewports, when selected my finish schedule fills.

Edited by visard