Multiple layer elevations

ChrisA

Hi

I am attempting to create exterior elevations of a building with multiple layers. When I render using hidden line I get a horizontal line between the layers. I have checked to make sure that my wall from layer to layer are exactly aligned and that the layer heights are correct. Any thoughts?

Also, I want to have parts of these exterior walls to have a stacked bond brick pattern. How can I change the bond pattern of a brick veneer?

Any help would be greatly welcomed

Regards

I am using the wall tool. I can assign a texture (class and style) but I am not seeing any options for different bond styles. If I wanted to do this with a hatch would in need to done on the sheet layer as a fill after the viewport is created?

and

I have zoomed in until it won't zoom in any more to make sure that the alignment was correct. Is there another way that might work better?

thanks

VW12 shows join lines between different geometries (wall/floor or wall/wall, for instance), even when they are perfectly flush. The ol' convert-copy-to-lines overlay is your friend in cases where the lines are a problem, since you can delete or modify the lines.

I don't recall if VW12 had a stack-bond brick texture, but it's easy enough to create your own. Find a picture of one you like and follow the prompts. Right-click the resource browser, select "new resource in __", and you're off.