Disapearing Fixtures

ericjames

I'm a little confused right now.

I am on tour and trying to fit my normal light plot into a repertory plot. The theatre sent me a dwg file of the rep. I imported the dwg into Vectorworks, and then went through and converted all of the lights to instruments using "modify/ convert to instrument" command. I have then gone back and entered some of the light data. Everything seems to be working until I assign a label legend. I made a new label legend, did the layout, and used "assign legend to fixture" command. When I did, the fixture symbol disappears. The color, instrument number and channel are visible, but no fixture. If I click on any of the data, the OIP appears like normal. The same thing occurs if I just enter the legend name in the OIP. I have tried multiple times, and always the same result except for one time I forgot to do the layout, and then the fixture did not disappear. Any suggestions?

I'm running 2008, SP3 Thanks!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Your symbols are probably 3D only. As soon as you assign a label legend to the instruments the objects become hybrid and supress the 3D in a 2D view. If you switch to a 3D view you should see the fixtures.

To fix the problem you will have to edit the symbols and the 2D information then run refresh instruments.