Odd Shapes appear in renderings

MattG

I am working on a project, I do some production design stuff here and there. I am using a lot of truss. I have made all my own truss symbols and do not use the spotlight truss tool. All of them look good in wirframe and most rendermodes. I just rendered something in final quality rw. One section of truss continues to have a odd box that slices through it. This has happened before and I typically have just disregarded. I am interested to know if anyone has any insight to why. I am attaching an example image. I have these vertical trusses and the top piece on every one that is the same symbol seems to get this problem.

Matt

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this helps, but if you try to split a 2D object while working in 3D, you may inadvertantly split a 3D object; this results in a plane where the cut was made. If you click on the objects in your symbol and find that one is a split based on what it's called in the Object Info Palette, I think you can double click on the object, delete the splitting plane, and everything will be better.

If that doesn't work, I'm not really sure what the problem is. Good luck!