Drawing file size grew

HOUCAD

I am having a strange problem with a file that went from about 4mb yesterday to 936mb today. I have purged the drawing but it didn't reduce the file size at all. The drawing crashed last night and I have been having strange problems since. This is just a small building and everything was working fine yesterday with 2 people working on it. This morning it is taking forever just to open the file.

Any suggestions?

Fascinating! I don't think I'll ask you to email the file!

From AutoCAD?

Due to what I think are internal data compression schemes etc, the average (if there is something like it) file size in VW is 4 to 10 times larger than in AutoCAD. But who cares!

Not from AutoCAD? 2D or 3D? If 3D, how?

Never encountered a VW file that big, even with tens of thousands of (2D) polygons representing the cadaster.

Update:

The problem was with one layer I had duplicated. What I did was copy the exterior walls from one layer to the new layer then I changed the walls to a different type. The object being I need to have 2 different options for this lil building. One with metal panel and the other with brick. I deleted the new layer and my file size is back to 4MB from 983MB. Would duplicating the layer have caused this? I will try it without duplicating the layer and see if it makes a difference.

I have no idea what caused the problem before but after deleting the layer and doing it again it worked without any problems.

I have been asked to send this project you you guys in preparation for our in house training. I will be doing that in the next couple of days.