Model view

ChrisA

Hi

I am sure this is another simple fix that I am over looking but when I use the model view tool to view my building in 3D the layers get off set? I have tried just making two simple boxes one over top of the other and it appears that where ever I click to open the model view window is how far off center the layers are.

Thanks

Chris

If your model is together with layers snug up as you'd intended, but appears off the drawing page, use the Fit to Objects button at the top of the Menu Bar. Select your object or objects first (Command + A or Ctrl + A).

If they have an unwanted vertical separation, VW is imposing an automatic addition of height (Z) that is taking place on the Layers palette. Call up the Layers palette, and strip out all the input for Z, replace with 0 and instead set the heights of your objects, NOT the layers, solely in the Object Info palette.

The input boxes on the Layers palette work well for those who already know the elevations of their stories / walls before they start. If you determine your wall elevations as you work on the model, as I do, then controlling Z height of walls, (or any other object) by using the OIP can be helpful and perhaps more important, predictable. While many if not most users employ a Z setting for each layer, it is not a requirement to successful modeling.

Jeffrey's proposing you use the modern method of assembling layers into a 3D model--Stack Layers. If Model View tool works for you, then great!

Edited by tguy