the Demise of a Shortcut

AndiACD

Question

For those of you that use a Mac you may have been aware that if you use the Apple/Command key & the Accent key(on the left of the "Z" key) combination in any Program/Application it will take you on a sequencial ride through all the open windows in that application.

This was also the case in Vectorworks, at least up until and including VW11.5.1

Not any more. i don't now which update this happened in, i never before spent enough time in the post VW11 editions to find out.

But since upgrading to 2009 i have found that the Mac Shortcut that saved me from running up to the "Window Menu" to be able to select one of the other open files has been stolen by the OIP.

Fair Dooos! The OIP is one of the most useful Palettes in the box, and gives constant feedback on what's going on in the file i'm working on and with Mr. Mullin's Reshaper becomes an indispensable part of VW . . . . .

But WHY at the expense of an extremely useful Shortcut already exiting as part of an OS.

Couldn't you have found something else for the OIP? Something that wasn't already in use??

Please, give me back the window/file switching shortcut, as the Workspace Editor doesn't seem to want to allow me to assign a shortcut to this Window Menu Item.

3 answers to this question

I had no trouble changing the shortcut for the Activate OIP command.

Edit the workspace and select menus. Open the Menus tab. Open the Window selection in the right pane. Open the Palettes selection.

Select the Activate OIP line and hit delete. It deletes the shortcut.

To put it back, you have to use just the ` key. You can then use the buttons at the bottom to set any combination of modifier keys you need.

If you want to leave it as the same key, just click one of the buttons at the bottom to require an extra modifier key.

Pat