installing earlier VW version impossible, help !

Hello

need some help

I had VW2008 and I wasn`t satisfied. I have decided to change back to VW12 BUT...now I can`t intall this version !

why? what do I need to delete? it seems it recognize " VW remnants" and doen`t let me move back to earlier version.

any solution besides formating windows?

thanx

Edited by pilgonico

I've never had this problem, but this will clean all parts of Vectorworks installations.

ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE EDITING!

1) Click and drag your VectorWorks folders (Default location: C > Program Files > VectorWorks) to the recycle bin. Empty the recycle bin.

2) Click Start > Run and in the dialogue box that pops up, type ?RegEdit?

3) On the left hand side of the window that pops up, ?Registry Editor? you will see a few small icons that look like folders with + or ? signs next to them, click all the "?" signs except the one next to ?My Computer?, you should see one folder labeled: ?HKEY_CURRENT_USER?

4) Expand this folder by clicking the "+" sign to the left of it. Inside you will see a ?Software? folder, expand it as well.

5) Right click on the ?Nemetschek? folder and select Delete. Do the same with the ?VectorWorks? folder.

6) Repeat these steps for the folder ?HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE? as well.

Reinstall any Vectorworks version you want.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Try copy the DVD to your hard drive first then run the installer.

Did it quit, or did it just stop at 79%? From what I can remember there is a point where progress stall becaose it is moving a lot of samll files or a few very large files.