simple upgrade transfers

I expect to install my VW 2009 package soon, and I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction to figure out how to make sure my previous default files get transferred also ? That is, I always seem to have trouble because things like my custom default title blocks, or my custom 3D door hardware, or my 3D tree symbols/definitions, or my self-made 3D symbols get lost.

Is there an easier way than trying to figure out which of the original VW default files have been altered by me by looking at the modification dates ?

This may not help now, but make sure in the future you store your custom or modified files in your user folder. That way they are separated from default content, easier to back up, and upgrade. If I knew what your OS was I could point you to your user folder (hint-create a signature).

For now does it help if you make notes on what files are your favorites in the resource browser?