Instrument Data

ericjames

I'm sure that I am missing something very obvious here, but can someone please explain how to assign default instrument data to a new light symbol.

For example, I created a new symbol for High End ColorCommand. I then insert it into the plot using the insert instrument tool. At that point, the object info has no data in it. I have to enter the instrument type, wattage, etc. Is there a way to attach some of the default information so that I don't have to retype it every time. (If I insert a Source 4, they type & wattage are already entered).

Thank you in advance

It's not exactly a well documented procedure.

Make sure you have a lighting symbol in your document. (reason to follow)

Right click on your new symbol in the resource browser. Choose edit.

Choose 2d.

Make sure your 2d selection tool is active. Click on an empty space. (ie deselect everything)

Click on the Data Tab in the OIP.

Select Light Info Record (It's a record format. It is there because you have another instrument symbol in the document)

In the next box down, click on the field you want to change.

In the bottom box enter the data (beam angle, field angle, weight, color frame size, lamp, etc)

After entering the data for a particular field, use enter to advance to the next field.

Once you are done, exit edit mode.

Insert your symbol again with the lighting symbol tool, and all the information should be there.

It's not exactly clear (to me at least) what each field should be, but by looking at an existing symbol and trying a couple times you should be able to figure it out.

HTH

Michael

• 2 weeks later...