Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Doug L

Where are irrigation object libraries?

Recommended Posts

VW on-line help says, "A generic irrigation head can be inserted into the drawing with the Irrigation Head tool. Alternatively, use an irrigation head from one of the irrigation object libraries."

Where it the irrigation object library? I've found 2 libraries, one in the VW application folder and the other in user/application support/Vectorworks/2008, but it doesn't appear to be there, unless nested deeply somewhere.

Also did a search via the resource menu/find but in a search for irrig, it only found the pipe symbols and a blank head schedule.

Share this post

Link to post

VW 2008: Libraries / Objects-Imperial / 02-Siteworks-Irrigation...

VW 2009: Libraries / Objects-Landscape & Site / Site-Irrigation...

The VW 2009 Library structure is much better and makes it much easier to find what you want (see image below).

Share this post

Link to post

Thanks Mike. In VW2008, those symbols all have Toro data. Does Rainbird exist somewhere? Or only in 2009?

Share this post

Link to post

If you want Rainbird duplicate the library file and edit each of the symbols so they have the defaults you want and then use that as your library source file.

If you want the default sizes to be mm rather than inches you will need to edit the plug-in parameter list.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114


© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.