Not creating pdf's

GHacker

Question

We are on a windows platform, using VW 12.5, adobe 6 and suddenly cannot print/create pdfs.We can create pdfs in all other programs. We get an error that it is looking for the file named adobe pdf convertor.joboptions and cannot find it. I am not seeing this file on any of my 6 pc's and the install disc is long gone, has anyone else experienced this? I think it started with a recent windows "upgrade". I am also concerned that if I upgrade adobe, VW will crash as it does with any current version of Quicktime ( We are stuck with 7.0), help!

Edited by GHacker

5 answers to this question

Thanks Ray, unfortunatly there is no disc to re install with. I found it on my own! MS Office update ate the file required to create pdf in Acrobat with VW, I copied a file named standard job options and re-named it "adobe pdf converter.joboptions" - works!

After years of good function with Acrobat Pro 5

VW 12.5 now hangs printing pdfs

Upgraded to 12.5.3 no improvement

Problem may be due to lately installed Acrobat Reader 8 (running alongside Pro 5)

Not sure if this corresponds with the emergence of the problem but am now getting a spinning 3-legged Acrobat logo 'in progress/distilling' icon prior to hanging ... which I don't think was a feature with 5

Don't understand how to implement GHacker's suggested fix