GDI+ Imaging, Opacity, and PDF's Help

mcobbs

Anybody have a way to reduce pdf time when using GDI+ imaging? Is there a magical setting somewhere? I have GDI+ on because I want to use opacity, but when I do, it takes about 4 times as long to print as pdf, as well as making the pdf file about 6 times larger in size. If I have GDI+ off, I get a fast, usually 300K pdf, If I have GDI+ on, I get an extremely slow, usually 2MB pdf.... and since my drawings usually consist of 4 or more pages, that gives me a file I can't email to my clients... which means I can't use GDI or opacity. What's the deal? PS, even when my drawings have NO opacity used, the pdf's are still as slow and still as large, so it's the GDI, not the opacity. My 3d conversion res is set to medium, document resolution is set to 72dpi.

It has to do with alpha & masking and vectors and rastor settings in what Adobe calls the Distiller engine.

Recently, My daughter sent me a 300dpi PDF from her medical group . It was 9mb.

Acrobat Distiller was able to adjust the output parameters and reduce the file size by 90% down to 1mb without losing any of the NewsLetter look & feel.