2d to 3d Simple Question

Hello.

I am working on the basics and have made two simple walls in my 3d view w/ the groundplan... the wall height is set at Delta 12' and then after the construction of the walls I switch to the isometric visual and the walls just are not there... why is this?

Welcome to the forums.

In isometric view, try Edit>Select All - it could be that your walls are off the screen due to their height above the ground plane.

It is also helpful if you could compose a signature, so we can see what OS and VW version you are using.

When you say "select all did not work" do you mean the OIP reads No Selection?

Are the walls set with bot z set to 0?

Are they 12'0" high, or are they 12' above the ground plane?

Are they in a class that is visible in 3d, and does that class have a fill?

What happens if you look at them from the side (deselect walls then reselect, then click 2, 4, 8, or 6)? If they disappear then as well, they have no height.

i got it to work! when i switch over to the isometric drawings it is automatically switching in layers to something called Group #1. But the odd part is that the layer group 1 doesnt exist. is there anyway to avoid it from switching over?

Also additionally, every time I start up VW it has this Gray texture over all the draftings, I restart it about 4 times before it becomes normal with out any texture over the whole page... any ideas?

thanks for all the help.

This is not normal behaviour.

You could try re-installing.

VW12.0 was buggy - I think you can upgrade to VW12.5 for free - visit the Vectorworks download page.

There may be problems trying to run VW12 on OS10.5. Have you recently upgraded?

Edited by D Wood