Label Viewport Detail in Sheet Layer ?

G_73

Anyone know of a way to automatically label viewports as they relate to specific sheets? I have created a library of symbols that I use as headings as they relate to each detail (viewport) on every sheet (i.e. 3a Hardscape Detail, 3b Hardscape Detail and etc.). It works, but means I have to maintain a entire symbol library of detail headings a-h. There seems like there has to be a better way in order to be able to index the details within a plan on the title page...maybe a script or something? Any ideas???

Are you talking about adding a drawing label to the viewport?

If so, if you add the drawing label as a viewport annotation, it will automatically fill in the viewport name and scale for you. You manually need to update the sheet reference.

So you simply need to name the viewports accordingly - ie "3a Hardscape Detail". If editing a viewport name, the only way that I have seen to do this is to do this under the OIP data tab for the viewport. Unfortunately this does not update the drawing label but the layer scale is updated which is probably the more important thing.

That'll come in handy...I was wondering how to incorporate layer scale and whatnot into those viewports.

I think what'll do is create a symbol with editable fields (similar to title block) and use for the headings, to eliminate a huge symbol library..