VW 2008 worksheets

JYT

I did a search of the forum and could not find a clue to the following question. Sorry however if this has indeed been asked already.

I'm contemplating upgrading to VW 2008 and one of the main sticky points I have with 12.5 is the editable worksheets and how you can only sort one column and only during creation at that.

Did 2008 heed user suggestions and include a more robust worksheet from which to update a plot? Sortable by at least two columns and sortable within the worksheet and not just at its creation?

Thanks,

Jean-Yves

The manual is not very clear on this point, but you have had the abilities you are asking for since at least VW10.

Click in a database row header to select one or more database rows.

Just above the column headers you will see three button looking icons. One says SUM this one will sum the database by the column you drag it to. Just drag it to the column header of the column you want to sort by.

The other two icons show an increasing set of columns and a decreasing set of columns. These are to sort ascending and sort descending. Drag them to the column head just like the SUM. You can sort on up to three columns at a time.

Pat

Hi Pat,

Not sure I follow.

I typically have my editable worksheets laid out in the following columns:

A - Position

B - Unit #

C - Type

D - Wattage

E- Channel

F - Dimmer

H - Color

I, J, K - etc

So typically I want to view my worksheet according to Channels (Row E in this case) but when I highlight the Column the ascending and descending buttons are greyed out and do nothing, even if I click and drag to Column E.

So if I want to view the worksheet in say Color (Row H) I have to close the worksheet, reopen it, delete before updating the drawing (due to the prompt) and chose to view by Color (Row H).

Perhaps the Creating an Editable Worksheet function is not the way to go when trying to alter elements of a complicated drawing via a worksheet?

Jean