sketch options preview. wha...?

mr. iagea

any mac users having trouble with the sketch options preview window (the house eave elevation drawing) simply not working (updating) at all? i'm using VW 2008 SP2, OS 10.5.2, iMac (2007), 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GHz RAM, 256MB VRAM.

any solutions?

thanks,

charlie

ps: i've already been through tech support with this. argh!

no custom anything: templates, workspaces, etc. i've tried everything (i'm an ex-system admin and a software instructor, so i know the drill). i spent several days communicating with tech support about this, going over every possible option to test this. i even bought a new computer with more memory and a better video card with more memory (lots more; twice NNA the recommended amount). with a fresh installation and no other software installed it's the same every time. now, with the new system (listed below, in my sig.), the problem still exists.

it's actually not that critical, but it's annoying to have to close out of the dialog box and go back to the drawing just to see what my change did. i mean, what's the point of having a preview window if it doesn't work? the same with my other "slab layer" post. what's the point of having a function if there's no education anywhere about how it should be used and its parameter editing interface nowhere to be found, and i've looked everywhere.

with the sketch preview, it feels like the tip of a screen redraw iceberg that i see is somewhat common with quite a few users here, and i have come across other strange behaviors that leave me with a feeling that the software has an underlying instability. that's not so comfortable, considering the cost of the software, and the cost of the projects that we use it for.

i'd just like to know if anyone else is having this problem so perhaps we can find the solution and pass it along to NNA.

pardon my rant., please. :-)

charlie

• 2 weeks later...