Open GL rendering - partially disappears

I'm running VWA 12.5.3 on Windows Vista Business and have noticed that when I do an Open GL render, there is a tendency to "mask off" the rendering on the right side of the image--sometimes the bottom as well. It is almost as if there is an "L"-shaped object that is opaque to the rendering. Line drawings will display on either side of this "L" but the rendering disappears behind it.

Any assistance troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

You describe a not to uncommon hardware data conversion problem. It involves the way video RAM pages the information. For some reason well beyond my pay grade ... certain arrays will not publish there results to the display or the display does not recognized the data.

In my limited experience updating the Video Driver resolves these weirdness issues.

Vista is a work in progress and many manufacturers have provided updated drivers since the initial release.

From what I understand, Vista prohibits opengl drivers from directly accessing the hardware.

It also requires the driver allow the application frame buffer to be paged out of video memory and into virtual/physical memory by the OS.

Throw in the additional overhead possible with transparent windows etc. and there's bound to be a performance hit...even if everything is working right.