Scaling Symbol Problem

Joe Drafter

Has anyone seen this problem.

I am working on a file with several views and sheets with viewports. I insert a tree entourage symbol and try to scale it. When I double click on the symbol to edit it, it seems to work fine. However, after exiting the symbol edit window I notice everything has been scaled. View, viewports, symbols. everything, and its not the layer scale that changes, the actual objects in the views change size. After that when I attempt to scale anything, my whole drawing scales up or down. What is the solution, any input is appreciated.

Ok, so we know that it is the Scale Entire Drawing that is the problem.

Try a new drawing and try to scale an object on the drawing and make a simple symbol and edit the symbol and try to scale it there. Can you select/de-select the Entire Drawing check box?

Have you tired to restart VW? Do so and try your file and a new drawing.

Let me know and we will try to figure this out.

Pat

I restarted VW, and that seems to have helped. Thanks Pat.

Also, it appears that when editing an entourage tree symbol if if select scale objects with out selecting the graphic in the edit symbol window the default is "Scale Entire Drawing".

To all be careful to NOT do this, since it will make you lose all of your viewports.