bending objects

I'm still relatively new to VW, but I've been modeling in Form-Z for a long time... is there an easy way to bend a solid object in VW? For example, I want to extrude a cylinder and then bend it in half. I know I can draw a path and extrude a shape around it, but is there a specific tool for rolling/bending solid objects?

SolidObjects are formed from primary geometries like 2d shapes & NURBS Profiles & Paths.

Modification of a SolidObject requires modification of the underlying geometry or

changing the surface & polygon mesh control points . Usually it's far easier to edit

the basic geometry.

Avoid messing with the mesh is my motto ; )

but what if you have a complex 3D shape that you need bent... for example, let's say you've got a 1/4" extruded trapezoid that you need bent in half on a 60 degree angle (I'm staring at the "foot" of my mac monitor right now)... how would you go about making that shape? In other 3D programs, I can make the shape as a flat extruded object, do all my corner and edge filleting, then bend it. Is that not possible in VW? It seems to me that my only option in VW is to do a series of solid subtracting using other shapes like chiseling away a piece of marble.