Why does it always happen at the worst possible time?

richardgore

Question

I'm running Vectorworks 11 on a Mac, which I've just upgraded to OSX 10.5. I've just tried to print, onto a Designjet 100, a drawing which I MUST have for tomorrow and yet - you've guessed it - it's printed incorrectly.

I've read, on this site, that VW are not supporting any version earlier than 12.5 but is there ANYTHING I can do to get this drawing printed, or even sent as a readable pdf, so I can print it from another Mac. I will be upgrading but there just isn't time right now.

All help, and more strong black coffee, greatly appreciated.

Richard

2 answers to this question

The only option here is to revert the OS to 10.3 or earlier. Even Tiger is not officially supported on VW 11.

You may be able to create a PDF or export to an image file, then try to print that through the printer/plotter.

Leopard Printing requires CUPS 1.3.5 ( in your browser type >http://localhost:631/ ) what happens ? CUPS set-up can be a little tricky because it provides so many options to set-up initially and often "breaks" during upgrades. OSX comes with substantial HP Drivers and there is also the OpenSource GutenPrint for most legacy printers & plotters.

It's difficult to give more specific advice as to your printing problems.

Take a look at your CUPS Log via Console app.