Batch Convert Difficulties

This is a topic that has been discussed several times since the release of VW2008 and, to my experience, continues to be a problem. First some basics:

All my files are VW12.5.2, many of which were converts from earlier versions of VW going back as far as MiniCAD 6 (a few even were originally drawn in ClarisCAD!). Until now all earlier iterations of the "Batch Convert" function proved reliable.

In the past week I started to use the VW2008 batch convert command and immediately began having problems. Frequently it leaves whole lists of drawings untouched (even when in the same folder as the successfully converted ones) and forget about it looking beyond the first folder. I have checked for file names that might have offending characters. Generally saving the converted files to a separate folder as opposed to "convert in place" works better but in neither case will the "include subfolders" selection work consistently, if at all.

And yes Petri, I have a 2 full backup of all my unconverted files on two separate hard drives.

Is there something different I should be doing? Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob