Control of wall line on roof object

billtheia

Bummer. It would be great if we had some control over this in the OIP. I'd like to be able to turn this line on and off and change it from a continuous line to a dashed line. I guess the VW way would be to allow us to set the class for that line.

Hopefully in the next revision.

I guess in the mean time I can try to mask the line with another line or rectangle.

Bill,

If you trace over the line in any case depending how you display your roof plans (usually in hidden line) any 2D lines will not display unless you select to show 2D data at which the roof lines will show up anyways. This is why I use roof planes instead of roof objects...most of the time.

Pete A

Bill, pick your roof object and make a copy with the Modify>Convert>Convert Copy to Lines command. Choose the Hidden Line option in the pop-up box and you will have a 2D outline of your roof configured as a group. Double click your new entity and change the class to Ceiling-overhead, if you wish, which has a default dashed line and the layer to your floor plan. Remember to change all of the lines that make up the group and the group as well.

Your roof object is now still a roof object with all of the benefits that entails and it's very easy to create a new roof outline if things change.