Section marker arrows won't fill when in black & white

I can't seem to get my section marker arrows to fill in solid when viewed in black & white. I, create a section viewport from a design layer and use the attributes palette to fill the arrow in solid black but when I view the marker in a black & white viewport (or when I check Black and White Only in Document Preferences,) the marker arrow appears unfilled.

Am I doing something wrong?

Can someone out there help me?

OK - I just tried to use a pattern fill and that didn't work either. In fact, the VP Section marker doesn't appear to display ANY type of fill (using the attributes palette) when Black and White Only is selected.

Am I doing something wrong?

I am simply selecting the section marker and trying to change the fill by using the attributes palette. Is there another way to do this?

Can you also check which marker is used?

Because there are markers that will always be unfilled, and there are version that are always filled.

You can just change the marker. The one with the black fill is always filled. The one with the white fill stays always white.

If you want to edit the section markers, you can open the default file of the section markers, which is found in the VW map and then librarys/defaults/section markers or something like that.

When opening the file: Use black to state that the color will be the color you choose, and use white to always stay white.

Seth, If I draw a rectangle and fill it in solid black, that fill does NOT display when I switch to B&W display setting. If I fill the rectangle with a pattern, the pattern DOES display properly. I guess this is how it's supposed to work but I must say that it doesn't make much sense to me - that BLACK displays WHITE when set to B&W.

DW, I'm using SectMkr-1 for the VP section marker. This shows as filled with a black arrow in the preview but fills white when I change to B&W display setting. I suppose that I could modify the marker but am more than a bit miffed that I have to FIX VW myself - isn't VW supposed to SAVE me time? To add to the confusion, if I insert a Reference Marker (from the Dims/Notes tool set,) it properly displays black in the B&W display setting. Is there a reason that the Reference Marker behaves one way and the Section Marker behaves another? Aren't they supposed to be the same thing?