No Handle on Channel Container - Linked with Color

Alok

Hi all,

I'm working on a plot, and I'm having a problem that I've never experienced before.

There is no handle in the middle of my channel circles. This occurs on every single instrument, using any of my 3 label legends. If I try to grab the handle of the color value and move it, the channel jumps on top of the color, with no way to separate it again.

See the image below:

Unit 15 shows the lack of handle on the channel.

Unit 16 shows what happens when I move the color handle.

handles.png

Thanks!

Just an update:

I found that I was able to create new label legends and assign them to my lights with no problems. I spoke with someone from tech support and they suggested that somehow my original label legends became corrupt. I was told that usually the source of this problem is importing label legends from an older version of VW into 2008, but since I created these legends within VW 2008, they were unsure of the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Alok; i'm just catching up on threads. i just had a similar experience with label legends; my variation was that, though i had a unit number in the label legend, and selecting the text confirmed it was in the proper class, i still could not get the unit number to show up in the unit, even after refreshing. my friend david elliott figured out that i needed to edit the label legend. after opening the 2d edit symbol window, i then selected All (command-A on mac). several blank and otherwise hidden texts and objects showed up. once i deleted all of them, exited the edit symbol window, and refreshed the instrument, it was all better.

you may find that there were two texts identified as "label-color" (one of them blank or hidden?). or you may need to edit the label, reselect the color and channel, and make certain they are both in their proper class (?).

hth,

shelley