Labeling in an Elevation view

So I have four rows of lights, 19 to a row, hung one row on top of another. Is there a way to see the labels I create with the label legend manager in other views? I figured I could just make a Viewport from the Front View and then just manualy label each fixture on top of the Viewport, is there an easier way?

Thanx,

Scott

One idea that comes to mind is creating a separate label legend for each row of lights.

Then, you can go into each label legend, and assign each text value to a new class, specific to that row, for example, move the "Channel" text from the "Label-Channel" class to a class called "Label-Row1-Channel."

If you do this for each text value, for each legend, for each of the rows, you could then create viewports for whichever views you'd like, and just turn off all but the appropriate classes. For example, you could create a viewport for Row 1 of the lights, and turn off all the row 2, 3, and 4 label classes.

I hope this makes sense. Perhaps someone else might have a better idea.

Good Luck!

That is a good idea. I should be a little more specific. I'm making a cheat sheet for the gaffer. So, as he looks at the lights he can glance at the elevation of the lighting rig that shows the same orientation they are rigged, and can see what number each fixture is.

I can manually do this. I just thought it would be cool to see labels in other views.

Thx

Scott