Inactive Font

mikey

When I delete the tekton/geneva replacement in Font Mapping another window pops up that says font mapping and gives 2 choices. 1 new mappings and 2 all mappings with no option to delete. When I click ok it makes the original dialogue box revert back to replacing tekton with geneva.

And I'm back where I started.

I ran Font doctor and Teckton came up as missing their postscript fonts. However it works fine in the small native Mac apps. It worked in VW 12.5.2 but not in 12.5.3 with Leopard. All my other fonts work fine but VW preferences keeps trying to substitute Geneva.

I would bet the Leopard upgrade moved something or put something out of place rather than VW 12.5.3. Many programs do not rely on the PS definition, but VW will, and is sensitive to font issues.

Did you install Leopard from a clean install, or by running the upgrade?

Do you know if this worked using VW 12.5.2 with Leopard?

One way or another, it looks like you'll need to resolve the missing PS font issue in order for the font to properly work.

I ran the upgrade for Leopard but I never ran VW12.5.2 with Leopard so I don't know if it worked. I cleaned out Tekton and reinstalled it and VW still substituted Geneva. I am contacting the Font company to see if this has happened before.

I guess I may have to do a clean install of Leopard. I can't figure out why I can use the font in an email but not in VW.

Just wanted to point out that lots of people are having font issues in other programs after installing Leopard. That is to say it's not unique to Vectorworks. There are some fundamental differences in the way Leopard handles fonts compared to Tiger, and some suggestion that it is "pickier" about older font versions.

Unfortunately I don't have any real information to help Mikey, except to ask if he's tried verifying it through Font Book. And while there check that the Postscript Type 1 files are present. Mail may be using a TrueType version?

Hi David:

For your interest. I got a new version of Tekton but apparently Stuffit 12 does'nt work so they recommended using Stuffit 10 which I did but it still didn't work. They say that Smith Micro is working on the problem which is affecting a lot of their fonts. So it is a Leopard problem I think and not VW.