2008 after a month: issues/problems

I really like the new program, opacity controls, etc. but I do have a few issues:

- Slow. I have 4gb RAM Quadcore desktop with an 256 mb 8600GT video card. Common slowness occurs when trying to select a fill color. Rebooting the program fixes it, but the program doesn't feel snappy like v11 did. All I'm doing is 2d drafting. The zooming in isn't as smooth as I'd expect, considering the version and the hardware which I have.

- Rotate a rectangle 90 degrees and Width and Height don't get flipped. Huh? Yeah, a 30' wide by 10' high box, rotated 90 via Ctrl-R, remains a 30' wide by 10' high box in the data palette, even though it now should be 10' wide, 30' high. Width should alway be width (X), and height should always be height (Y). V11 stuck to that - properly Cartesian.

- Orthogonal walls snaps commonly get screwed up by .05 degrees or -.18. Draw a straight wall. Now grab an end and make it 45 degrees. Try getting back to a 0 degree wall and you'll get something like .05 degrees, even though the snap is reporting 0 degrees. It has to be adjusted numerically.

- I have 2008 Student edition. Where is the SP1 update for students? I don't get it, why can't everyone use the same update? http://www.nemetschek.net/academic/index.php has no info, tech downloads offer no information on student upgrade.

That page has been updated to include the student version update for SP 1. Go ahead and download / install it.

The service pack will address most of these issues.

Currently, the width and height of a rectangle, regardless of the rotation after creation, are set by the original orientation/creation of the rectangle. This is something we are currently looking into.

The 3rd issue is something adressed in SP 1, and I believe there are a few more fixes in store for the next update. I don't have an estimated release date of the next update to VW 2008.