VW crashes when I try adding solids.

DoWork

So I have created a fairly complex solid shape through lofts, extrudes, and adding and subtracting solids. Now as I try to further mold the shape into what I need through adding and subtracting solids the program has a tendency to crash. It has happened about 5 times now. After I select my parts and choose the add solids command, the watch comes up for a little while (5 to 10 seconds maybe), then the VW closes completely.

Has anyone else had similar issues? I have the OpenGL setting at high, could this be contributing? The program doesn't lag or seem to have any trouble when rendering the object or rotating it 3D, which made me think that it was not an issue, but I can't really think of anything else.

I also get a warning "You have tried to create a solid object which cannot be computed. Edit the geometry to resolve this condition and try again." when I try to add two of the larger more complicated solids. It has added the solids together once and then it crashed before I saved it....so I lost it. Any ideas what is causing this warning? The only thing I could think of was if the solids were not intersecting, but I am fairly certain they are, especially since it did work once.

thanks,

DW

Edited by DoWork

It doesn't seem like having the vertices of two objects coincident should be a problem (if I understand that correctly). Is that a bug in the program? None of the parts in my model are symmetric. I have played around with it some more but I still can not get it to work and continue to get the same error message. I am emailing back and forth with tech help now.

Thanks,

DW

File 1.0 that I sent "was corrupt". So I sent an older copy, File 2.0, to which VW Help said "We have been able to perform the add solids command using each of the objects in the drawing that was attached to your email. Do you have the file when it contains the two objects you wish to add while they are in the exact position that you wish to add them?". The objects were in the correct position, only I copied one object over in hopes of clarifying....this obviously just caused confusion. So I responded to their reply with File 3.0 that contained only the parts that I wanted to perform the add solids command on and asked for them to send me back File 2.0, that they were able to perform the add solids command on, so that I could see what they did. This way I would know if they understood my problem or not (it was a little complicated so I do not blame them if they did not understand), and if they were in fact able to do what I could not. That was one week ago.

Still waiting for a response.....

-DW

Should I email Tech Help again? If I call will I be able to get in touch with the same people that I have emailed?