DTM: default settings? Transferring settings?

Petri

Not that the previous incarnation of the DTM module I used (9.5) would have been great, but at least one was able to have default settings and transfer those between files with classes.

I can't find anything for this in VW 2008. No classes, no preferences, nothing. I want classes back!

There are 24 graphics settings for the Site Model and more for Site Analysis. Is one expected to go through them every time? (The factory settings are dreadful!)

Or am I exceptionally blind or thick, not seeing the obvious? Or not seeing the light, recognising Progress?

There is a clumsy, partial workaround: Create a site model. Define its settings. Delete it. Save as template. New models will use the settings. (Not thoroughly tested.)

It appears that the dreaded "There already is a site model in the file" no longer haunts us, so it's possible to do it like this.

This still does not make it possible to transfer settings to existing models, so something should be done to the mechanism.